The Mirvac Summer 9’s is back and it’s even better!
- Teams of four. All golf levels are welcome.
If you do not have a full team contact the Pro Shop and they will help put you in a team.
- Flexibility to play 9 holes any day, each week with your team members or with others.
- The best 3 scores from each team make up the weekly team score.
- Weekly graded A, B & C individual prizes.
- Weekly winning team prizes.
- Grand final winners.
- Team presentation event.
- Open to all BLRGC golf members, social members and visitors.
- $20 per team. Register and pay online.
The Summer 9’s Teams Competition is brought to you in partnership with Mirvac, Georges Cove Residences
For 50 years, Mirvac has been dedicated to shaping Australia’s urban landscape. We are proud to celebrate this achievement with our people, customers and partners, and we look forward to creating and curating extraordinary urban places and experiences well into the future.
- Teams of 4 players from each team simply play 9 holes once a week (Monday to Sunday) with the best 3 nett scores from each team contributing to their weekly team scores.
- The maximum playing group size is 4 players and players must have their card marked by another player in the same competition.
- Scores can be completed on the Golf Genius app or via a score card.
- Cards must be submitted to the Pro-Shop after your round.
- The Summer 9’s competition is a 4-person teams event played over two 4-week periods.
- Pre-Christmas Event (1st half of season – register now):
– Week 1: 20th Nov – 26th Nov 2023
– Week 2: 27th Nov – 3rd Dec 2023
– Week 3: 4th Dec – 10th Dec 2023
– Week 4: 11th Dec – 17th Dec 2023
- New Year Event (2nd half of season – register again in Jan):
– Week 1: 26th February – 3rd March 2024
– Week 2: 4th March – 10th March 2024
– Week 3: 11th March – 17th March 2024
– Week 4: 18th March – 24th March 2024
- The lowest nett team score wins the weekly team competition.
- The best score in each individual grade wins a prize.
- There will be 3 individual grades of A, B & C. Each week the grades will be reflective of a third of the total field to ensure an even spread prizes amongst all players. All will be 9-hole handicaps.
- After the 4-week pre-Christmas block, the top 2 teams will receive prize money.
- $ and ball Prizes will be added to all of the winner’s accounts at the end of the 4-week competition period.
Handicapping & Team Notes:
- Players with a Golf Link handicap will commence with half of their 18 hole handicap.
- Players with no Golf Link handicap will need to submit one score card of 9 holes prior to the start of the competition to get their individual handicap.
- Non Golf link players from last year will start from the same handicap that they finished on.
- Once the competition has started their handicap will only be influenced by this 9 hole competition, changes in their Golf Link handicap will not influence their 9 hole handicap.
- Handicaps will be increased or reduced after each weeks event. One shot better than their handicap will take 1⁄2 a shot off their handicap, One shot worse will have 1⁄2 a shot added onto their handicap.
- The daily local rules will apply.
- Each team will have the option of of substituting 1 player through the series due to illness or unforeseen circumstances.
Summer 9’s Course Availability:
- Monday – All day. (outside of Public holidays)
- Tuesday – After the clubs competition.
- Wednesday – outside of the ladies competition time.
- Thursday – After the clubs competition.
- Friday – All day. (outside of corporate days)
- Saturday – After the clubs competition.
- Sunday – After the clubs competition.
Summer 9’s Comp Fee
- Weekly competition fee:
- $10 (BLRGC Golf Members),
- $20 ( Non BLRGC Golf members).
Do all members of my team have to have a GA handicap?
No. Anyone who doesn’t have a GA handicap will be given a “Summer 9’s” handicap once they’ve submitted one card.
Can there be a team of 4 visitors?.
Yes, the event is aimed at inviting new players to experience all that Brighton Lakes has to offer.
Are you allowed to play with players from other teams?
Yes, as it is a social competition we encourage players to organise games with other teams.
Will this competition affect my GA handicap?
No. Your daily handicap will be determined by your GA handicap, but scores will not be submitted to Golf Link.
Can I play my “Summer 9’s” round as part of the regular weekly competition?
No. “Summer 9’s” scores must be from a standalone round.
Can I play 18 holes and choose my best 9 holes?
Does my whole team have to play every week?
No, but if your team doesn’t complete the minimum number of 3 rounds, a proxy score will be used.
Can my whole team play in a week?
Of course. The three best nett scores will be used out of your team of four.
Can you help me find a team?
Yes, there are many people who have asked to be placed in a team, simply give your details to the Pro Shop and they will contact you when they have found a team.
Where will we be able to see the individual and team results?
Results will be updated weekly and posted on the club’s Facebook page, all players will receive an email with a link to the weekly winners.
What are the 9 hole options available?
There are two 9 hole courses for the event. The front 9 holes ( 1-9 ) or the internal 9 ( 1,2, 12 -18 ).
Can I choose which 9 holes to play?
No. You can ask to play a certain 9, however, the Pro Shop staff will direct you to play the most suitable 9 holes of the day. This will be influenced by existing traffic on the course.
Will there be an app to score?
Yes, we will be using the Golf Genius software for all scoring procedures, and players will be able to score using their app. All players will be able to score using the traditional model of score cards and we will input the scores for you. The Golf Genius portal allows players access to see detailed round results for all weeks.
How do I pick up my prizes?
We like the way you think!! All prizes will be posted onto the MiClub system for members, visitors and social players at the completion of the 4-week series.